How to APPLY: 2022 Qatar FIFA World Cup Volunteer Program
So Qatar will be hosting the FIFA world cup later this year, and a volunteer programme portal has been opened for interested candidates.
Starting in November 2022, A total of 20,000 volunteers from around the world will work across 45 functional areas at official and non-official sites such as stadiums, training sites, the airport, fan zones, hotels, and public transportation hubs.
Qatar is one of the wealthiest countries in the world, but has a small population of under 3 million people. The country is going to need all the help it can get to host a major event such as the FIFA world cup.
Volunteers will help prepare Qatar for the FIFA World Cup 2022™, supporting events and projects in spectator services, hospitality, marketing, catering, transportation, workforce management, and other areas.
There will be many major milestones between now and the tournament, giving volunteers plenty of opportunities to make your mark.
Do note that the 2022 Qatar FIFA World Cup volunteer programme is not a paid job, volunteers will however, receive stipends for transportation and feeding according to events from FIFA. You will also be responsible for your own visa and plane tickets.
The advantage to volunteers is a wealth of experience managing a major world event such as the FIFA world cup.
To be considered for the Fifa World Cup Volunteer Programme, you must:
- Be aged 16 and above, regardless of nationality, education or profession, etc. You don’t need to be a Qatari national or resident.
- English – Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
- Posses communication, leadership, language, teamwork, and engagement skills
- No previous experience is needed
Duration and Benefits
- The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 will take place from 21 November to 18 December, but some volunteer roles will start from 1 October.
- Selected volunteers will receive a limited-edition adidas uniform
- One meal for each eight-hour shift. You’ll receive two meals if your shift is longer than eight hours.
- Qatar offers visa-free entry for nationals of over 80 countries. Organizers are working with local partners to guarantee entry for volunteers from other countries, but this might vary with each event.
- Both Male and Female applicants can apply.
- Free transportation within Qatar.
- Volunteers will have at least one day off every seven days.
Method of Application
Register your interest in volunteering for the 2022 Qatar world cup by visiting the FIFA volunteer’s portal to create a profile.
Events are not currently available, but you will be notified via your portal once they become available.