Credit cards offer a wide range of benefits to customers, and now, Nigerians with a bank account with Access Bank can get their own personal American Express credit card.
Most Nigerians are only familiar with debit cards, which allow you to only spend the prefunded money available in your bank account. With credit cards, on the other hand, you can spend as much as you like and pay a small interest at the end of the month to clear your spending.
In addition to the flexibility of spending more than you have, credit cards also come with the added advantage of discounts and other perks for customers who clear their debts on time.
Access Bank has partnered with American Express to launch two new consumer credit cards in Nigeria: the Access Bank American Express® Gold Card and the metal Platinum® Card. These are the first American Express Cards to be issued in Nigeria, and they offer a variety of benefits.
Benefits of Access Bank/American Express Credit Cards
Alongside dual-currency functionality (NGN/USD) and international acceptance, the American Express Cards include airport lounge access, car rental perks, Membership Rewards®, loyalty points, as well as insurance and protections. On top of these features, the Platinum® Card also offers:
- Expanded airport lounge benefits, with complimentary access to more than 1,400 lounges through the American Express Global Lounge Collection®.
- Hotel perks and upgrades through The Hotel Collection and Fine Hotels + Resorts.
- Special status access in the Hilton Honours, Radisson Rewards, and Marriott BonvoyTM rewards programmes.
- Complimentary access to hotel membership programmes, with Tablet Plus membership and Mr & Mrs. Smith Gold status.
- 24/7 travel and lifestyle concierge services.
How to get the American Express Credit Card
To request an Access Bank American Express ® Gold Card, kindly:
- Visit the nearest Access Bank branch,
- Contact your Account Officer, or
- Send an email to email@example.com or,
- Register your interest by completing this form.
To apply for an Access Bank American Express credit card, you must:
- Be a resident of Nigeria
- Have a valid bank account with Access Bank
- Have a good credit history
If you are approved for an Access Bank American Express credit card, you will need to pay an annual fee. The fee for the Access Bank American Express® Gold Card is NGN5,000 per year, and the fee for the metal Platinum® Card is NGN10,000 per year.