By default, new Keystone bank accounts comes with daily transaction limit of N1,000 when they are first opened. This means that new customers cannot perform any transaction with value above this amount, be it cash transfers, airtime purchase, etc all have to be under N1000 untill the transaction limit is upgraded.
Luckily, the transaction limit on Keystone bank accounts can be done online without the need to visit the bank. However, their are some set limits for each method of transaction limit increase done online. the limits range from NGN20,000 to NGN5,000,000.
You can increase your daily transaction limit on the KeyStone mobile app by following these steps:
- Login to the mobile app.
- Go to self-service.
- Click on mobile banking limit (It will take you to the other steps below).
Kindly note that there are several options with which your limit can be increased, and the maximum amount stated on the mobile app such as.
- With transaction PIN (NGN20,000).
- With debit card PIN (NGN50,000).
- With Token (NGN5,000,000), you will be required to download the Keystone M-token.
Please follow the steps below to enable you download the token.
- Download and Install the Keystone Bank M-Token from Play store or Apple store (for Android and IOS users)
- Launch the App and click on ‘Get Codes’
- Input “Username” for Mobile app/Internet Banking
- Click on “Initiate Request for M-Token”.
- Call Contact Centre on 070020003000 or visit the nearest Keystone Bank Branch to complete the activation process
- Activation details (User ID & Activation Code) are sent to the registered phone number
- Launch the M-Token App
- Enter the Activation details received
- Create a 6-Digit PIN
- Reconfirm the 6-Digit PIN
- A National Flag is displayed as a hint for customer
- Click Ok and OTP is generated.
How to increase Keystone bank transaction limit via email
If you have not activated your mobile app or need a higher transaction limit than the ones available on the app, you can still increase your limit by contacting the customer support by sending an email;
- Send email to customer support at ContactCentre@keystonebankng.com with the subject MOBILE BANKING LIMIT INCREASE REQUEST.
- Download, print and fill this daily transfer limit form and email indemnity form that will be attached to your email.
- Include your account details and your transaction limit can be increased up to N5,000,000 daily.
Why does Keystone bank have transfer limits?
Banks have transaction limits on different types of bank accounts to protect you if your account is compromised, for instance if someone stole your USSD code they won’t be able to transfer more than N20,000 from your account in a single day which should give you enough time to get to your bank and freeze your account before they do further damage.
The other reason is that Banks operate under what’s called a fractional reserve system. When you deposit any amount of money in your bank account, the bank uses most of that money for other things, such as consumer loans, credit lines, and home mortgages. The bank holds only a small fraction of its customers’ deposits. This is how banks make their profits and thus, you’re limited from emptying your account at a go.
Keystone bank also has transaction limits because banks are subject to a number of regulations that govern the amount of money that can be transferred in a single transaction. These regulations are designed by the CBN and other government agencies to prevent money laundering and other financial crimes.
You can increase the daily transaction limit on Keystone mobile by using your transaction pin, your debit card or M-Token. You can also increase your limit by sending an email to customer support with daily transfer limit form and email indemnity form duly filled and attached.