OPay is a popular mobile money platform in Nigeria that allows users to send and receive money, pay bills, and buy goods and services. OPay also offers an international money transfer service in partnership with WorldRemit, which allows users to receive dollars directly into their OPay wallets.
Steps to receive dollars in your OPay account
Dollars can only be sent to Opay account from the WorldRemit app or website. To receive dollars with OPay, you will need to:
- Download the OPay app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Create an account and verify your identity.
- Link your OPay wallet to your bank account.
- Have the sender select “Nigeria” as the destination country and “Opay” as the payout network on the WorldRemit app or website.
- The sender will then enter the amount to send and your OPay mobile number.
- Once the transfer is complete, the funds will be credited to your OPay wallet.
Opay dollar transfer conditions
Additional things to keep in mind when receiving dollars with OPay:
- The sender will need to pay a transfer fee, which is typically around 2% of the amount sent.
- The exchange rate used for the transfer will be the mid-market rate, which is the most competitive rate available.
- The transfer time will vary depending on the country of origin, but it typically takes 1-2 business days for the funds to be credited to your OPay wallet.
Receiving dollars with OPay is a convenient and affordable way to get money from friends and family abroad. With just a few simple steps, you can have your dollars in your OPay wallet in no time.
Benefits of receiving dollar transfers with Opay
Here are some additional benefits of receiving dollars with OPay:
- You can use the funds to pay for goods and services, or you can transfer them to your bank account.
- You can also use the funds to top up your mobile phone, pay your utility bills, or buy airtime.
- OPay is a secure and reliable platform, so you can be confident that your money is safe.
Does Opay Nigeria have a SWIFT code?
Opay Nigeria does not have a SWIFT code. Opay in Nigeria is registered as a digital microfinance bank. Only traditional banks have SWIFT code. International money transfers are processed via WorldRemit, and the recipient receives the naira equivalent directly into their Opay account.
Opay dollar rate
The Opay dollar exchange rate is the official CBN rate at the time the transaction was first initiated by the sender. Always keep track of the CBN rate as the Naira/dollar exchange rate is extremely volatile.
Cons of opay dollar transfer
The biggest con of receiving dollars directly into your Opay account is that you will not be able to withdraw the cash, rather the money will automatically be converted into Naira at much lower rate than the black market.
You also won’t have the option to withdraw in dollars or save in dollars.
OPay is a convenient and affordable way to receive money from abroad in Nigeria. All the sender needs is just the recipients phone number, and from their WorldRemit app, they can send money within minutes. With just a few simple steps, you can have your dollars in your OPay wallet in no time.