Deep learning and Artificial Intelligence are the future of tech that anyone in that field should be paying attention to. Over the past few years, Google’s Deep Learning library Tensorflow has gained massive popularity perhaps because Google is popular and used effective marketing.
PyTorch on the other hand is also backed by another internet giant, Facebook (specifically, the Facebook AI Research Lab – FAIR). So if you want a popular deep learning library backed by billion dollar companies and lots of community support, you can’t go wrong with PyTorch.
If you are still unconvinced as to why you need to learn Deep Learning, consider this, it is the field of tech responsible for the following achievements in recent years;
- Generating beautiful, photo-realistic images of people and things that never existed (GANs)
- Beating world champions in the strategy game Go, and complex video games like CS: GO and Dota 2 (Deep Reinforcement Learning)
- Self-driving cars (Computer Vision)
- Speech recognition (e.g. Siri) and machine translation (Natural Language Processing)
- Even creating videos of people doing and saying things they never did (DeepFakes – a potentially nefarious application of deep learning)
Where to learn PyTorch online
Udemy, the world’s leading repository of online courses is offering PyTorch: Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence, the course price starts at N13,500 or just $20.
What you’ll learn
- Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs) / Deep Neural Networks (DNNs)
- Predict Stock Returns
- Time Series Forecasting
- Computer Vision
- How to build a Deep Reinforcement Learning Stock Trading Bot
- GANs (Generative Adversarial Networks)
- Recommender Systems
- Image Recognition
- Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs)
- Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs)
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) with Deep Learning
- Demonstrate Moore’s Law using Code
- Transfer Learning to create state-of-the-art image classifiers.