The Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission has announced that the updated list of licensed loan apps operating in Nigeria now stands at 211.
Of the 211 digital lenders, 172 have full approval, while 39 have conditional approvals. This is a slight increase from the 204 licensed digital lenders as of September.
The FCCPC, under its ‘Limited Interim Regulatory/ Registration Framework and Guidelines for Digital Lending 2022’ is empowered to regulate the digital lending space and make registration and approval a prerequisite for companies seeking to operate in the digital lending space following the illegal activities of some of these apps.
Since announcing the first list of approved digital lenders in the country, the commission has periodically updated its list in accordance with its regulations.
So far 45 loan apps have been delisted and are operating illegally in the country. They include Naija Cash, Eagle Cash, Firstnell App, Flypay, Spark Credit, Softnaira App, Cashdey App among others.
The new list of fully approved digital lenders includes Renmoney Lending Company Limited, White Horse Success Nigeria Limited, Fox Lending Limited, Parkcrowdy Nigeria Limited, Nature Lending Nigeria Limited, Competence Asset Management Limited, Salad Technologies Limited, Leeburg Technology Limited, Summit Finance Limited, Lendwise App, among others.
In the latest update, the list of fully approved loan apps in Nigeria now includes prominent names like Renmoney Lending Company Limited, White Horse Success Nigeria Limited, Fox Lending Limited, Parkcrowdy Nigeria Limited, Nature Lending Nigeria Limited, Competence Asset Management Limited, Salad Technologies Limited, Leeburg Technology Limited, Summit Finance Limited, and Lendwise App, to name just a few.
Meanwhile, several firms have secured conditional approval from the regulatory body, including Creditpro Business Support Services Limited, Altara Credit Limited, Pebble Financial Technologies Limited, Eatonhill Investment Limited, Riverbank Partners Limited, Riverbrand Technology Limited, Finpadi Technologies Limited, One Payout Limited, Retail Booster Limited, Topmost Fintech Limited, Grit Tech Limited, Prime Avis Investment Services Limited, Slash Finance Limited, and more.
Furthermore, it’s worth noting that 84 digital lenders are currently under the watchful eye of the commission. This list encompasses popular platforms like Eaglecash App, Ragle Cash App, Quick Naira App, Mega Credit App, Cash Bus App, Quick Loan App, Cash Loan Market App, Cash Cow App, and Cash Loan Rupee App, among others.
How to Contact the FCCPC: Email, phone number and office addresses
In a world where consumer rights and protections are of utmost importance, the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC) is here to ensure that your voice is heard, and your rights are upheld. Whether you have concerns about a loan app, product, a service, or simply need guidance on your consumer rights, contacting the FCCPC is a straightforward process.
FCCPC Headquarters in Abuja
The FCCPC’s headquarters is located at:
- Address: 23 Jimmy Carter Street, Asokoro, Abuja.
- Phone: You can reach them at 0805 600 2020 or 0805 600 3030.
- Email: For electronic communication, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the headquarters, the FCCPC has established several zonal offices across the country to bring their services closer to you. Here’s how you can contact them:
North-West Zonal Office (NWZO) in Kano
- Address: 6th Floor, Federal Secretariat Complex, No. 1 Murtala Mohammed Way, Kano.
- Phone: Reach out to them at 081-4800-7378.
- Email: For email inquiries, use email@example.com.
South-West Zonal Office (SWZO) in Lagos
- Address: 3B Ladoke Akintola Street, G.R.A, Ikeja, Lagos State.
- Phone: Connect with them at 081-4717-0730.
- Email: For electronic inquiries, use firstname.lastname@example.org.
North-Central Zonal Office (NCZO) in Minna
- Address: 1st Floor A6 Abudullahi Kure House, opposite WTC, Muazu Mohammed Road, Minna, Niger State.
- Phone: You can reach them at 081-4717-0734.
- Email: For email communication, use email@example.com.
North-East Zonal Office (NEZO) in Bauchi
- Address: Old Jos Road Adjacent Officers’ Mess GRA, Bauchi, Bauchi State.
- Phone: Reach out to them at 081-4717-0734.
- Email: For electronic communication, use firstname.lastname@example.org.
Katsina Office (KO)
- Address: Umor Musa Yar’adua Way Government House Road Modoji Katsina, Katsina State.
- Phone: Connect with them at 0816-319-6314.
- Email: For email inquiries, use email@example.com.
South-East Zonal Office (SEZO) in Awka
- Address: Opposite Government House, Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, Awka.
- Phone: You can reach them at 0803-412-4060.
- Email: For electronic inquiries, use firstname.lastname@example.org.
South-South Zonal Office (SSZO) in Port Harcourt
- Address: No 16, Haastrup Street, Off Eligbam/Orazi Link Road, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Phone: Connect with them at 081-4717-0732.
- Email: For email communication, use email@example.com.
Osogbo Office (OO)
- Address: Finance Building Complex, Osun State Secretariat, Abere, Osogbo, Osun State.
- Phone: Reach out to them at 081-4717-0733.
- Email: For electronic inquiries, use firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now that you have all the information you need, don’t hesitate to reach out to the FCCPC whenever you require assistance or have questions related to consumer protection. Your rights matter, and the FCCPC is here to ensure they are upheld.