Garlic loan is a Nigerian loan app that offers instant and unsecured loans of up to N50,000. Interest rates range from 6% to 24% per month. You can apply for a loan through the mobile app, which is available on the Google Play Store.
Though the app is relatively new on the play store with just about 10k downloads so far, the application process is simple and digitized. You will need to provide some basic information, such as your name, email address, phone number, and bank account details. You will also need to provide a copy of your ID card.
Garlic loan app details
|Loan amount||₦4,000 to ₦50,000|
|Loan tenure||30 days|
|Interest rate||6% to 24% monthly interest.|
|Age Eligibility||18 to 60 yrs|
|Customer care number||Email: Garlic.loan@Yahoo.com|
|Office address||SIRET TECH COMPLEX, LOKOJA – ABUJA EXPRESS WAY (OPPOSITE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LOKOJA PERMANENT SITE) FELELE, Lokoja, Nigeria|
Is Garlic loan app legit or scam?
Some customers have left a positive review on the app’s Google store page, while others complain of not getting a loan after registration. To get a loan, your credit score will be considered, if you have outstanding loans from other lenders your application will probably be rejected.
Caution should be taken before taking any online loan. Always read other customer’s reviews before you apply for a loan in Nigeria.
Because there is no regulations in Nigeria, most of these apps are loan sharks who might threaten to send messages to your family members calling you a scammer if you default on your repayment. It is best to avoid these apps if you have other options.
If you’re being threatened or bullied by any loan shark in Nigeria, see this Facebook group where you can find support and read about the experience of others who have suffered bullying from loan apps.
You can take steps to check and remove your BVN from the credit bureau blacklist after repaying your loans and your loan app did not automatically clear you.
How to Download APK and get a loan from Garlic Loan app
- Download the Garlic personal Loan App exclusively available on the Google Playstore and install it on your Android phone.
- Register an account with your phone number.
- Preferably the phone number connected to your BVN as a one-time password will be sent to it for verification.
- Fill in your basic know-your-customer KYC information, including your residential address, next of kin, and employment details
- You will also be required to provide your Biometric verification number BVN.
- You’ll be charged N30 to bind your ATM card to your account to increase your chances and getting a higher loan amount.
- A one-time password OTP will be sent to your phone to confirm your details.
- After the submission of your loan application, the software will analyze your credit score and the final result will be shown in the APP.
- The result should be displayed in less than two minutes and if you qualify for a loan, the loan amount will be disbursed into the bank account directly.
- Make sure you’re using a good phone with enough memory space as you will be required to take a clear live selfie for identity.
Your BVN is linked to your credit score, so if you have an outstanding loan with other lenders or didn’t pay other lenders as at when due, expect your application to be rejected.
Your credit score is a record of your previous borrowings, how early or late you make your payments, cash transactions going in and out of your bank account among other information.
When you download this app you have to consent to it to get access to your phone book contacts that will serve as your guarantors, SMS to see your banking transaction records, apps on your phone to see how you use other loan apps and other details it uses to build your credit score.
Here are some tips for using online loan apps responsibly:
- Only borrow money that you can afford to repay.
- Set a budget and stick to it.
- Make sure you understand the terms of the loan, including the interest rate and repayment terms.
- Make your payments on time.
Garlic loan customer care number
- Company Name:DESTINY MEGA – TECH LIMITED
Company address:SIRET TECH COMPLEX, LOKOJA – ABUJA EXPRESS WAY (OPPOSITE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LOKOJA PERMANENT SITE) FELELE, Lokoja, Nigeria