Most online loan apps in Nigeria give unsecured loans, this means the loan they give does not require collateral and has minimal documentation. To get a loan, in most cases all you need is your eleven-digit BVN number and to provide some basic KYC information about yourself.
These minimal documentation requirements make online loan apps ideal for students who are looking to access emergency cash before they get their next pocket money.
Note that because of their minimal documentation requirement and unsecured nature, online loans are very expensive with high-interest rates and should only be used for emergencies when there is no alternative.
LifeLine loan app is an online loan platform that offers fast micro and medium loans to Nigerian residents. The Android app allows users to borrow between ₦1,000 to up to ₦500,000 unsecured with no collateral and minimal documentation. When a customer makes the online application, the computer will check their credit score and make them an offer, thereby giving customers 24/7 access to loans.
This app has so far gained over 10k downloads on the Google play store with mixed reviews. It uses loan software to collect prospective customers’ information including phone records, banking transaction alerts, and BVN to build the credit score of each borrower.
Because lending decisions are made by the computer, to qualify for higher amounts, be sure to keep good bank transaction messages on your phone and not have outstanding debts with other loan apps!
How to Download APK and get a loan from LifeLine Loan app
- Download the LifeLineLoan App available on the Google Playstore and install it on your Android phone.
- Register an account with your phone number.
- Preferably the phone number connected to your BVN as a one-time password will be sent to it for verification.
- Fill in your basic Know-your-customer KYC information, including your residential address, next of kin and employment details.
- You will also be required to provide your Biometric verification number BVN.
- You’ll be charged N30 to bind your ATM card to your account to increase your chances and get a higher loan amount.
- A one-time password OTP will be sent to your phone to confirm your details.
- After the submission of your loan application, the software will analyze your credit score and the final result will be shown in the APP.
- The result should be displayed in less than two minutes and if you qualify for a loan, the loan amount will be disbursed into the bank account in about 5 minutes.
- Make sure you’re using a good phone with enough memory space as you will be required to take a clear live selfie for identification.
Note that binding your ATM card with N30 does not guarantee that you will get a loan, you still have to pass the credit score check.
The N30 charged to bind your ATM card to your account is refundable, but can take anywhere from 7 to 12 business days for the money to be refunded back to your bank account.
Your BVN is linked to your credit score, so if you have an outstanding loan with other lenders or didn’t pay other lenders as at when due, expect your application to be rejected.
Your credit score is a record of your previous borrowings, how early or late you make your payments, cash transactions going in and out of your bank account among other information.
When you download this app you have to consent to it to get access to your phone book contacts that will serve as your guarantors, SMS to see your banking transaction records, apps on your phone to see how you use other loan apps and other details it uses to build your credit score.
Requirements to obtain a LifeLine loan
- Have a bank account and bvn; your eleven-digit BVN will be used to check your credit score.
- Have source a of income
- Have a good credit score; if you have a history of late payments with other loan apps you might be denied a loan or be given a very high-interest rate.
- Reside in Nigeria
- Have a smart phone with which to download the app; the app is only available on the Google play store accessible only with an Android smartphone.
What other borrowers are saying about LifeLine loan loan app
These reviews were written by users on the Google play store.
Freedom Media Nigeria wrote, “I suspected fraud here. It wasn’t a good experience for me. I applied, got an offer with a rediculous interest rate of over 55%. I still took it because I had an emergency. Got a message that it’s been transferred to my bank account. Guys, it’s been hours of waiting, but the money has not dropped in my account. Count down to repayment date has already started. Chatted the customer care, did all I could to reach them, all to no avail. It’s just too bad!”
Blessing wrote, “This app is the worst app ever,i made payment of the loan you guys disbursed to me but it didnt reflect that i have paid due to the problem from your angle am very sure and because of your issue ,you guys are now charging me interest for money that i have paid back,you really need to work on your network issue because it very obvious you are extorting extra money from your customers.pls clear up that issue o because am not paying any money again o😠😈👎”
GLORIA OPUIDI wrote, “Worst app ever i paid back the money they gave to me but instead of it to reflect there its not reflecting i even messaged them and one idoit is telling me he’s not incharge of it again that i should not message him…”
Credit limit amounts: 3,000 to 300,000 naira
Service fee: 0.1% to 0.35% per day
Interest rate: Maximum APR is 20% per year
Repayment Period: 91 days – 365 days
Example: for a cash loan with the principal amount of 20,000 naira with a 150 days loan period, the total service fee is N20,000*0.14%=N28, the total interest is N20,000*8.2%=N1640, and the total amount due would be N20,000+N28+N1640=N21668
Note that this interest rate and loan duration is just an example, expect your actual loan and duration to be much lower, but you can improve it by paying back your loan on time and keeping a good credit record.
Lifeline loan app customer service number
- Consumer hotline: 09049008610
- Customer Service Email: email@example.com
- Office: 77 awolowo way , ikeja Lagos