Brampton, Ontario, Canada
24.36 hourly / 35 hours per week
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Mountain driving expertise
- Owner-operator business skills
- Professionalism in customer service
- Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- Drive lighter, special purpose trucks
- Load and unload goods
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Pay and receive payments for goods
- Perform brake adjustments
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
- Transport and handle dangerous goods
Experience and specialization
Type of trucking and equipment
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Team player
Employment groups Help – Employment groups
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
When applying to jobs, you should send the employer a resume including information like:
- Your name
- Where you live
- Your work experience
- If you have a valid Canadian work permit
Find out if you are eligible to apply
Do you want to work, study, visit, travel through or live permanently in Canada?
Answer a few questions to find out what immigration programs you can apply for. Each immigration program has different application and eligibility requirements. You will need about 10-15 minutes to complete the form.
You may be asked questions about your:
- language ability
- family members
- work experience
- income and/or net worth
- details on any job offer
Based on your answers, we will tell you what programs you may be eligible for, so be as accurate as you can.
If you are eligible, we will give you a detailed list of instructions on what to do next.
Important notice: This job posting was posted directly by the employer on Job Bank. The Government of Canada has taken steps to make sure it is accurate and reliable but cannot guarantee its authenticity.