Apply: The University of Manchester – GREAT scholarships 2023
The University of Manchester, in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, is offering eight scholarships to students in Bangladesh, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand and Turkey who’re applying for one-year master’s programmes and will enroll in the 2023/24 academic year.
One student from each of the above mentioned countries who can demonstrate excellent academic achievement will win a scholarship worth minimum of £10,000 as tuition fee waiver for a Master’s degree program at the University of Manchester.
This scholarship scheme is part of the GREAT Scholarships annual campaign, launched by the British Council together with 49 institutions across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to support postgraduate students from selected countries to access world-class UK higher education opportunities.
Two students from Bangladesh will win the scholarship, one in all master’s taught programmes and the other must study one of the following courses;
- MSc Geoscience for Sustainable Energy
- MSc Pollution and Environmental Control
- MSc Renewable Energy and Clean Technology
- MSc Global Development (Environment and Climate Change)
One winner who are passport holders of the following countries will also be given a scholarship each; Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand and Turkey.
Scholarships will be offered for the study of full-time, on-campus postgraduate taught (MA, MSc) programmes only. This does not include programmes taught in the Manchester School of Architecture or MBA programmes.
Requirements and Eligibility
To be eligible for one of these scholarships you must:
- Only passport holders of Bangladesh, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand or Turkey will be considered.
- If a course/programme lasts longer than one year, the scholarships will be offered for the first year of study only;
- Scholarships can only be awarded to applicants who studied in Bangladesh, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand and Turkey at all levels (school/college/university) with the exception of students who completed their bachelor’s at The University of Manchester;
- Scholarships will be offered at postgraduate taught (Master’s) level only;
- Scholarships will be offered for the study of full-time, on-campus postgraduate taught (MA, MSc) programmes only. This does not include programmes taught in Manchester School of Architecture or MBA programmes;
- Scholarships can only be awarded to applicants who are classified by the University as an international tuition fee payer;
- As a condition of the award of a scholarship, recipients are required to take part in student ambassador and/or mentoring schemes;
- Scholarships are only available for September 2023 entry (a scholarship award may not be deferred);
- Applicants for scholarships are required to submit a completed application form by 1 June 2023. The application form will be emailed to eligible offer holders by the International Office;
- Scholarships can only be awarded to applicants who are offer holders on 1 June 2023.
Method of application
Students who are interested in this scholarship are to apply to the University of Manchester and receive a conditional or unconditional offer to study at by 1 June 2023.
The scholarship application form will be emailed to all relevant offer-holders by the International Office.
If successful, you’ll be notified by 16 June 2023 and will need to firmly accept your offer by 30 June 2023 to confirm your place.