Qatar University is offering fully-funded scholarships to academically distinguished students who are interested in studying at the university for their undergraduate programs for the 2022/2023 academic session.
If there is anything we know about Qatar, its that the country is obscenely wealthy. They just hosted the FIFA worldcup tournament which the spent over $200bn hosting. For comparism, the last host, Russia, spent less than $22bn hosting the same tournament 4 years earlier.
Successful applicants for Qatar University International Students Scholarships will receive the following benefits:
- Exemption from tuition fees
- Exemption from textbook fees
- 500 QR monthly salary
- Student housing (two students per room) including transportation to/from campus.
- Annual round-trip airfare ticket
- A residence permit under QU sponsorship
How to qualify
Applicants must fulfil the requirements listed below to be eligible for scholarships offered by Qatar University for international students:
- A high school diploma or its equivalent
- A high school average of at least 95%
- Final acceptance into the university.
- The applicant must fulfil the prerequisites for admission to the college they applied to.
- The scholarship must be utilized beginning with the semester in which it was granted. The start of the study can be postponed for one semester, if necessary, conditional on the approval of the scholarship committee. If the student does not pass his/her first semester, the scholarship will be cancelled and the student will be informed by QU email.
- Applicants must have a good reputation.
Conditions for the Scholarship:
- The student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.
- The student must complete a minimum of 12 hours per semester.
- The student must remain registered continuously (in the Fall and Spring) until graduation.
- The student should not exceed the period for graduation according to his/her study plan.
- Recipients of the scholarship are expected to adhere to the academic regulations, policies, and procedures of Qatar University.
- Must abide by the General Conditions to keep the scholarship.
- The applicants will be evaluated within seven weeks after the deadline for the online scholarship application.
- An initial conditional acceptance letter will be sent to the nominated student stating the conditions that must be met and the documents required to receive the final acceptance.
- After receiving the required documents, the university will apply for visas and the students will be notified accordingly.
- The final admission and scholarship decisions will be sent to the students by email according to the announced timeline.
- Upon receiving the applications, the scholarship committee may consider the applicant’s standardized test scores in English (IELTS or TOEFL) and in Mathematics (SAT, ACT, QU Math Placer) or other test scores selected by the committee.
|08 January 2023||Open graduate online admission application and Student Visa application for International applicants from outside Qatar|
|16 February 2023||Close graduate online admission application and Student Visa application and submit all required documents for International applicants from outside Qatar|
|13 – 14 August 2023|
|International Students arrival to Doha|
|15 Aug 2023|
|ACCUPLCAER test for International students (UG & FP)|
How to apply to Qatar University
All international students who are planning to join Qatar University and apply for a bachelor degree must follow the following steps:
- Send the original high school transcript and other requested documents to Qatar University during the application period for international students to the following address: Admission Department
P.O. Box 2713
- If the international student (excluding GCC citizens) is applying to study at his/her own expense, he/she must apply online for a student visa under Qatar University sponsorship and upload the required documents during the same admission timeline for international students.
- If the international student is planning to study at Qatar University only when he/she obtains a scholarship provided by Qatar University, he/she does not need to fill out and complete the visa application; the Scholarships and International Admissions Section will take the necessary procedures to issue a student visa for international students who receive a scholarship from QU.
Note: The admission application from an international student will not be considered if he/she does not submit the original high school transcript and visa application OR scholarship application.
Application Instruction Guide (PDF) will guide you through the online admissions application and answer any questions you may have regarding the online application process.