MAZALOAN App Review: convinient student loan app in Nigeria
MAZALOAN app is a Nigerian smartphone lending service that offers convinient personal loan with credit limit up to ₦100,000 that can be used by students.
An unsecured loan is a type of loan that does not require collateral or downpayment to obtain. It is usually short-term with very high interest rates.
As students and young people, you’ll always find yourself in need of quick cash. But you shouldn’t develop a habit of relying on this online loan apps for money always. Do not borrow to fund your lifestyle. Short-term loans are helpful in emergencies but can quite expensive when compared to long-term loans and should be used with care.
MAZALOAN makes getting a personal loan simple by using the data on your phone including your information to verify your identity and create a credit score.
The app has so far gained over 10k downloads on Google play store with mixed reviews. It uses a loan software to collect prospective customers information including phone records, banking transaction alerts, BVN to build the credit score of each borrower.
To qualify for higher amounts, be sure to keep good bank transaction messages on your phone and do not have outstanding debts with other loan apps!
How to Download APK and get a loan from MAZALOAN app
- Download the MAZALOAN personal Loan App exclusively available on the Google Playstore and install on your Android phone.
- Register an account with your phone number.
- Preferably the phone number connected to your BVN as a one time password will be sent to it for verification.
- Fill in your basic Know-your-customer KYC information, including your residential address, next of kin and employment details
- You will also be required to provide your Biometric verification number BVN.
- You’ll be charged N30 to bind your ATM card to your account to increase your chances and get a higher loan amount.
- A one-time password OTP will be sent to your phone to confirm your details.
- After the submission of your loan application, the software will analyze your credit score and the final result will be shown in the APP.
- The result should be displayed in less than two minutes and if you qualify for a loan, the loan amount will be disbursed into the bank account directly.
- Make sure you’re using a good phone with enough memory space as you will be required to take a clear live selfie for identity.
Note that binding your ATM card with N30 does not guarantee that you will get a loan, you still have to pass the credit score check.
The N30 charged to bind your ATM card to your account is refundable, but can take anywhere from 7 to 12 business days for the money to be refunded back to your bank account.
Your BVN is linked to your credit score, so if you have an outstanding loan with other lenders or didn’t pay other lenders as at when due, expect your application to be rejected.
Your credit score is a record of your previous borrowings, how early or late you make your payments, cash transactions going in and out of your bank account among other information.
When you download this app you have to consent to it to get access to your phone book contacts that will serve as your guarantors, SMS to see your banking transaction records, apps on your phone to see how you use other loan apps and other details it uses to build your credit score.
Is MAZALOAN app legit or scam?
Yes, MAZALOAN loan app is a legit loan app that gives micro loans to a maximum amount of N100,000 to customers, but has really high interest rates and bugs that prevents smooth registration. caution should be taken before taking any online loan. Always read other customer’s reviews before you apply for a loan in Nigeria.
You should know that these loan apps are not registered or regulated by the CBN or any government agency in Nigeria. You are responsible for the security of your transactions with them and there is no way to seek redress for poor customer service.
Also its availability on Google play store does not make transactions performed on it secure. The play store merely provides an avenue for download, you are responsible for your own security while using loan apps in Nigeria.
- Can be used by students n times of emergency
- It’s legit, has been confirmed by admin that they actually do give loans.
- Completely online with no collateral required.
- High loan amount, up to 100k.
- Has serious networking issues that prevents smooth registration.
- Takes time to disburse loans after approval, some customers take days even weeks before seeing alert.
- Short loan duration especially for new users, starts at just 7 days.
- Very high interest rates on small loan amounts.
- High rejection rate.
- The app only works on Android smartphones.
- has too many bought fake reviews that can mislead users.
When taking loan, be mindful of the repayment plan. If you take a 60 days loan with two repayment installments, the app might attempt to auto debit you on the due date of the first installment and even charge overdue charges before the end of your 60 days tenure.
You can change your ATM card password to prevent auto debit. This app has been reported to deliberately auto debit their customers even after they have made payments via bank transfer.
Because there is no regulations in Nigeria, most of these apps are loan sharks who might threaten to send messages to your family members calling you a scammer if you default on your repayment. It is best to avoid these apps if you have other options.
If you’re being threatened or bullied by any loan shark in Nigeria, see this Facebook group where you can find support and read about the experience of others who have suffered bullying from loan apps.
What other Borrowers are saying about Mazaloan app
Olao Dipo wrote, “Hello, I’ve added 3 different master cards to your app and it’s still not working, please do something about it as quickly as possible. I called your numbers no one’s picking/ignore. Very bad CSR. Nothing, I repeat no dime should go missing from those accounts. UBA, STANBIC, FIRST BANK, because all the card details are already in your system and they are valid till 2025. If you know you are not giving loans why accept all my details. Do the needful immediately. I’m really pissed off.”
Effiom Emmanuel wrote, “It been an amazing experience like never before with an online lender, I recommend this app for those in urgent need of cash it easy to navigate through and the interest rate is great for a period of 14 days! Keep up MAZALOAN it a thumbs up for you.”
wazkid ayomi wrote, “It’s really awesome and great, the verification is quick and fast, but the loan haven’t been disburse to me yet, so am am waiting to be credited…. Am going to rate it 5 start after I receive the fund..” Read more borrower reviews here.
MAZALOAN app customer service number
- Tel: 08040590240
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Address: 28 Eletu Odibo St, Abule ijesha 101245, Lagos, Nigerian.