5142 GATEWAY BLVD NWEdmonton, ABT6H 2H4
$17.00 hourly 40 to 48 hours per week
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
The employer stated that this is a green job because the position:
- Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
- Creoles and pidgins, English based
- Creoles and pidgins, French-based
- Department store
- In shop
- On-site customer service
- Urban area
- Supermarket/grocery store
- Operate cash register
- Operate computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
- Provide advice about merchandise
- Assist in display of merchandise
- Greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental or lease
- Maintain sales records for inventory control
Experience and specialization
Type of product
- Food and food products
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Positive attitude
- Quick learner
- Time management
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Transportation provided by employer
Employment groups Help –
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Older workers, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
When applying to jobs, you should send the employer a resume including information like:
- Your name
- Where you live
- Your work experience
- If you have a valid Canadian work permit
Find out if you are eligible to apply
Do you want to work, study, visit, travel through or live permanently in Canada?
Answer a few questions to find out what immigration programs you can apply for. Each immigration program has different application and eligibility requirements. You will need about 10-15 minutes to complete the form.
You may be asked questions about your:
- language ability
- family members
- work experience
- income and/or net worth
- details on any job offer
Based on your answers, we will tell you what programs you may be eligible for, so be as accurate as you can.
If you are eligible, we will give you a detailed list of instructions on what to do next.
Important notice: This job posting was posted directly by the employer on Job Bank. The Government of Canada has taken steps to make sure it is accurate and reliable but cannot guarantee its authenticity.