Grey.co is a financial technology company that enables Africans to create free USD, GBP and EUR accounts to receive payments from over 80 countries.
Grey is particularly useful for freelancers who receive payments from platforms such as Paypal, UpWork and Fiverr. They can easily connect their Grey.co account to receive payments, which can be further converted into local currency at competitive rates.
How Grey.co works?
Grey allows entrepreneurs and freelancers based in Africa to create a virtual international bank account denominated in the major currencies of United States Dollars (USD), British Pounds (GBP), and Euros (EUR). The account can be used to receive money from clients and companies all over the world, thereby bridging the financial divide between Africa and the rest of the world.
Grey.co account can be verified with local KYC documents such as utility bills and identity documents.
The app also features a currency converter for transparency, that allows you to see exchange rate in real time and convert money between international and local currencies.
Other services Grey.co offers
Grey.co offers a number of financial services for personal customers and business owners, including:
- Open a US Dollar, Great Britain Pounds, and European Euro bank account in your name in less than 5 minutes.
– Get paid by global clients and businesses within minutes like a local
– Convert at market-leading, real-time rates in multiple currencies with zero fees.
– Save money in international currencies.
- Create USD virtual cards that work across millions of websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google ads, Netflix, Zoom, Apple Music, AWS, Ali Express, and much more.
– Set spending limits, and terminate or freeze your card without stress.
– Travel globally and spend effortlessly with your card with no hidden fees.
Advantages of Grey.co
- Receive money from 80+ countries with ease.
– Access fast international transfers.
– We’re committed to keeping your account secure and protected from fraud with best-in-class security and technology.
- Open a global bank account free to receive and make foreign payments.
Get international bank account details to accept payments for freelance and creator gigs, receive your salary right on time without stress, pay for tuition, and so much more in over three currencies.
- Enjoy a seamless experience sending money across borders through Grey. Send money to your loved ones with Grey, and your loved ones can receive money from you quickly and securely. Because of our rates, they’ll receive more money when receiving through Grey. Send money from Africa to the UK and EU countries easily.
- Spend less on transaction fees for foreign transactions and enjoy instant currency exchange twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. There’s no longer any need to jump from app to app. Say goodbye to long bank queues and disappointments.
- Follow your money across the world from your devices. Stay updated with instant push notifications for your transactions. For assistance, use the in-app chat or send an email to: email@example.com. Our customer support is available to help you 24/7.
How to Get a Free Foreign Bank Account on Grey.co
If you need to open a Grey account to start owning a foreign account for free, follow these steps:
- Sign up on Grey’s website or the grey.co app
- Then verify your email address
- Next, complete your KYC verification and verify your account by uploading a valid Nigerian ID card (driver’s license, national ID, or international passport)
- After you’ve been verified, sign in to your Grey account
- Then, on your account dashboard Navigate to ‘Accounts’ and tap/click on it.
- Request for your preferred virtual account from the available options and then provide the required information like the details of your valid ID card, your address, and an upload of your recent utility bill and click on finish/Continue.
- After you have been granted a once Virtual account, you can start sending and receiving money online.
What other customers are saying about Grey.co
Orimogunje Babatola wrote, “The app is a game-changer. It’s user-friendly, offers comprehensive budgeting and goal-setting tools, provides valuable insights, and ensures top-notch security. I can send money to people in other continent with very ease.”
Comfort Effiong wrote, “Grey is very reliable for sending and receiving money globally. It’s allows you to convert from one currency to another without going through bank stress and their rates are amazing. Their app is user friendly. I recommend Grey anytime, anywhere.”
Ekundayo Oluwafemi wrote. ” I’ve had a Grey account for some time but didn’t use it until the other platform I relied on for virtual cards failed to work on AliExpress. Then I found a tweet recommending Grey as the best. So, I revisited my account, created a virtual card, tried it on AliExpress, and it worked! The package has arrived Nigeria. I was initially disappointed they have no USD Virtual Accounts, but I’m glad it’s a work in progress now. The integration with live dollar market rates is also a PLUS.
Frequently asked questions
It takes less than 5 minutes to receive transfers on the Grey app.
Sign up on the Grey website or the Grey.co app, verify your account and fund your account. Then you can send money to another foreign bank account through Grey
Some Grey.co alternatives for receiving foreign payments in Nigeria include Geegpay, a payment service solution that allows African freelancers and entrepreneurs to create virtual American bank accounts to receive payments from abroad.
There are two ways you can withdraw from your Grey account.
You can either;
1. Choose to convert the money in your foreign account (foreign currency) to your Naira and then process the withdrawal to your Nigerian bank account for a fee of N35
2. Or you can send your foreign funds directly to a domiciliary account from your USD and your other foreign bank accounts on Grey (GBP and EUR). however, There’s a 0.5% withdrawal flat fee for this withdrawal option.